The Avon Breast Cancer Crusade
The Avon Breast Cancer Crusade was launched in 1992 as a small pioneering program in the U.K. Avon in the U.S. adopted the Crusade the following year. Over the last 18 years, Avon philanthropy has raised and donated more than $700 million to breast cancer programs around the world, supporting cutting-edge research to find a cure for or prevent breast cancer as well as programs that enable all patients to access quality care.
Funding supports awareness and education: screening and diagnosis; access to treatment; support services; and scientific research. Beneficiaries of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade range from leading cancer research and clinical centers to community-based, non-profit breast health education programs.
Numerous Avon Crusade programs raise funds and awareness for the cause including the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Series, the Avon Walk Around the World for Breast Cancer, and Crusade Pink Ribbon fundraising products.
While we remain steadfast in our commitment to find a cure, we are proud to have supported tremendous progress over the last 18 years in research and care:
- Educated 105,000,000 women worldwide on breast health through community-based and grassroots outreach since 1992
- Linked 15,000,000 women worldwide to early detection programs and mammography screening
- Provided $175-million to breast cancer research projects since 1999, including most recently more than $25 million for 41 research projects focused on primary prevention, understanding the etiology and potential causes of breast cancer and developing a blood or saliva test for early detection
- Forged new collaborations among nonprofit groups, government and industry by the Avon Foundation hosting the first-ever Collaborative Summit on Breast Cancer
- Love/Avon Army of Women accelerates the pace of breast cancer prevention research by enlisting women - healthy women who have never had breast cancer and survivors - in this effort. Through 2010 the Army of Women has recruited 340,000 women, launched 35 research studies, and had more than 43,000 Army of Women members respond to requests for volunteers. Most studies utilizing the Army of Women resource are able to identify enough eligible volunteers within 48 hours to one week to fulfill their volunteer requirements and move the study forward.
A woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States and it remains the most commonly diagnosed form of cancer worldwide. You can help us save lives by getting involved.
Breast Health Resource Guide
What everyone should know about breast cancer. This guide will provide you with information, support and resources to use and share. Read about:
- - Early Breast Cancer Detection
- - Different Types of Breast Cancer
- - Possible Treatment Options
- - Reducing the Risk of Recurrence
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Series
Join thousands of women and men over two days and 39 miles to help in the fight against breast cancer.
There are nine Avon Walks across the U.S. The money and awareness raised makes a critical difference as we work to turn every diagnosis into a story of survival.
More Opportunities For You To Get Involved
Avon Walk Around the World for Breast Cancer
Find out more about this worldwide series of events mobilizing hundreds of thousands of people across the globe raising money and breaking down barriers to awareness and access to care while working to eradicate the disease.
Avon Breast Cancer Crusade Fundraising Products
Shop for official Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Crusade products. All Avon Foundation for Women products in the US are affordably priced with 100% of the net proceeds donated to the cause (all proceeds above cost of goods). Each product comes with a free Breast Health Resource Guide.
Love/Avon Army of Women
The Love/Avon Army of Women is a research initiative seeking women who are willing to consider volunteering for breast cancer research. All women over the age of 18 are eligible including: healthy women who have never had breast cancer, women at high risk and breast cancer survivors. Since launching Love/Avon Army of Women in 2008, more than 325,000+ women have signed up. And the number continues to grow! Scientists report that this platform is accelerating the pace of research to better understand the causes of breast cancer and how to prevent the disease.