Tax and the Avon opportunities
You may have heard about and seen some of the recent press coverage about HM Revenue and Customs focusing on direct sellers and self-employed businesses.
To support you here is some useful information regarding tax and your Avon business. As with anyone who runs a self-employed business, as a Representative or Sales Leader you need to make sure that your business complies with tax and National Insurance requirements. This is detailed in the information that you received when you started your Avon business.
As a business Avon cannot give independent financial advice. However HM Revenue and Customs has lots of information available via their website or helpline.
- Keep all appropriate records regarding your accounts i.e. invoices, returns records etc.
- Register with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed. To do this you can either contact your local Tax Officecall the HM Revenue & Customs Helpline for the newly self-employed on 08459 15 45 15visit their website www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployedThis information is also available by:
As a Representative
- reading the Important Information flyer you received when you started.
- visiting the Representative website 'How to Guides'.As a Sales Leader
- Talk to the Representatives and downlines in your team so that they are confident about what they need to do.