As a newly published Author in September 2011 I entered myself and my book Mum's The Word into The 2011 London Book Festival annual competition
The competition honors the best of international publishing and all the submitted works were to be judged by a panel of publishing industry experts using the following criteria:
- General excellence and the author's passion for telling a good story.
- The potential of the work to gain a wider audience in the worldwide market.
The Categories were
E-books (word or .pdf file acceptable)
Best Unpublished Short Story (all manuscripts welcome)
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The London Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
- London Book Festival Author of the Year-Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- London Book Festival Book Design of the Year - Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- London Book Festival Publisher of the Year - Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.